Pages

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Pure Naughtiness

As I am sitting down to eat one of my super scrummy Chocolate chip cookies, that Miss EJ and I made yesterday afternoon. I can't help but share the naughtiness with you. These are no ordinary choc chip cookies and they definately don't last long in this house.

WARNING: just one is never enough !!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

115g butter softened
115g brown sugar
1 egg
100g porridge oats
1tbsp milk
1tsp vanilla essence
125g plain flour
1tbsp cocoa powder
1/2tsp baking powder
175g milk chocolate broken into pieces (I use cadbury family block)
175g white chocolate broken into pieces (also the white cadbury family block)

Preheat the oven to 180'c. Line 2 trays with baking paper. Place the butter and sugar together in a bowl and beat together with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy. (now because I am lazy and like to make things easier when I have an almost 2 year old helping, we do the whole thing in my electric mixer)

Beat in the egg, then add the oats, milk and vanilla essence. Beat together until well blended. Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into the mixture and stir. Stir in the chocolate pieces.

Place dessert spoonfuls of the mixture on the prepared trays and flatten slightly with a fork. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until slightly risen and firm. Remove from the oven, cool on the trays for 2 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

Be sure to let me know how you go and I bet you won't be able to wait until they have cooled completely before you have to take a bight. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment