Pages

Monday 2 May 2011

When to move to a big bed?

Well it has been almost a month since I have found time to sit down and add to my ramblings on here. My apologies this past month has been crazy in our house with little Miss and I both being sick, we have been down south in between, lots of family things going on and just the usual madness that I'm sure you can all relate to.
Well our little lady is well and truly mobile now and has become a bit of a climber! In fact hubby found her trying to climb out of her cot after her nap the other day. So we have a dilemma when do we move her into a bed? She sleeps in a sleeping bag during the night so I'm not concerned with her escaping then. She still just seems so little, she is just over 18 months old and is a massive wriggler when sleeping, some of the positions I find her in have me in stitches laughing.
With being new parents we really are unsure as to when is the right time to move her to a big bed, I understand that all children develop differently, so its hard to put an age on when you should do it.
So my question is, "What made you decide to move your little one from a cot to a big bed?"
I would love for you to share with us your thoughts or stories, as I'm sure we aren't the only new parents with this dilemma.

2 comments:

  1. My son will be 2 early July. I figure when he starts to climb out it's time for a bed, but at the moment I'm super content to keep him contained while I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Jenn, We are definately looking at the bed. For now she is napping in her sleeping bag as well... just in case :)

    ReplyDelete