Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Can cleaning be fun?

For those of you who know me and know me well, before becoming a mum I was a bit of a clean freak! My house was always spotless, everything had it's place and it was always in order. Then Cyclone Emily came along and that changed everything. I still love having my house clean and tidy, but I find these days it's not as important anymore, I would rather be cuddled up to my little girl reading stories, making a mess with playdough, painting or playing outside with her. I figure she is only little for such a short period of time, plus it will still be there tomorrow. Unless of course the cleaning fairies pay me a visit, but I think they must have my address wrong as I am yet to see them.
Although I do find it much easier to keep on top of things, so I just spend a quick half hour doing one or two jobs each day. plus I make sure I do at least one load of washing, as I have a very small laundry and if I leave it for a few days it can be like climbing mount Everest just to get to the washing machine. Then before Emily goes up for her bath, we have pack away time and we put all of her toys from the day away together and sing a little song. She loves packing her toys away!
I have tried to make cleaning fun and always let Emily help, so it doesn't become so much of a chore. I took some photos this morning that I thought I would share with you. I would love to see or hear how you make cleaning fun.  
I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday, we are going to sit and have some play time now before I get around to loading all the new goodies that arrived for our shop. http://www.from1mum2another.com/category/new.htm
 

No comments:

Post a Comment